Tuesday, October 28, 2014

My Second Vision

It is the year 1823- I am seventeen years old.

Lately, I have gotten more and more heat and persecution from religious men. They continue to bash me about my visions, but I will not abandon my faith in my revelations. I have not been able to join an religious denomination due to fear. I do not feel accepted my any. I know I am not perfect, but I yearn for people to understand my visions and to understand my place in the world. I pray every evening for God to forgive me and for God to watch over me as I go through each day, persecuted and alone. 

I just prayed to God. I asked him to further guide me into a man that I truly want to become. God not only listened to my prayer, but He sent someone to speak to me. Once again, I was called by my name, Joseph, and I realized that God had sent his messenger to speak to me. Moroni was the messenger's name. Moroni told me that God has a plan for me and that He has work for me that needs to be completed.

Moroni continued to talk to me. God's messenger told me that there is a book, "written upon gold plates," that talks about the former people of the earth and how they came to be. Moroni told me that the book contains the true Gospel and that God sent it to the former people of the earth. Moroni told me to go to that hill and to find the plates. I am not supposed to show anyone unless I am directed to do so by God.

Moroni has talked to me two more times tonight. Again, Moroni told me to find the plates and do what God has planned for me. I am astonished. It is my job to keep the Devil from obtaining the plates. I have to do what is my duty and find the gold plates. I cannot let God down. How am I going to sleep tonight?

Tomorrow I am going to the Hill Cumorah.

Below is an image that I sketched of Moroni speaking to me while I was in bed:

http://img.deseretnews.com/images/article/mcontentimage/1058182/1058182.jpg
https://www.lds.org/scriptures/pgp/js-h/1.1-20?lang=eng
http://josephsmith.net

No comments:

Post a Comment