Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Reflecting on My Vision

It is the year 1820- I am fourteen years old.

It has been three days since I encountered God and His Son. I have not been able to get the event off of my mind. I decided to talk to one of my family's Methodist preachers about the occurrence.

Before the conversation, I felt comfortable talking to the Methodist preacher about the vision because of his deep knowledge of religion. I then realized that he thought my vision was worthless. He told me that only the devil works with visions and that revelations do not happen anymore. The preacher continued telling me that God has already called all of his apostles and that it is too late for God to interact with humans.

I am worried. I have a feeling that the public will begin to hate me for my vision. I believe that they will ostracize me and ridicule me for my encounter with The Lord and The Lord's Son. 

I do find comfort in my father. God told me to tell my father about the visions, so I did. He quickly accepted and told me that if God truly told me to find complete tasks for him, then I must go and do what I am told. 

I do trust myself. I know that I had a vision and saw the light. But how can I convince others of my revelation? 










https://www.lds.org/scriptures/pgp/js-h/1.1-20?lang=eng

http://josephsmith.net

No comments:

Post a Comment